Monday, March 19, 2012

J'écoute De La Musique en Lisant

There is certainly nothing better than after working six incredibly long days straight, having a night all to yourself. The feeling of having absolutely nothing to do because you choose to do noting is without a doubt one of my most favorite feelings. Tonight I got home a little late (again) and granted I have to go back in tomorrow on my off day for a couple of hours due to some training purposes, but I’m still considering it a day off nonetheless and plan on still having the me party I have been so looking forward to for the past week. Tonight’s dinner isn’t much of a dinner at all, but it’s exactly what I want and it will be perfect eating for listening to a Janis Joplin record spin quietly while I get lost in the current book I’m reading ‘The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy’. With the exception of my meat and potatoes in every meal eating father, my mom, siblings, and I could make entire meals out of just eating bread, fruits, cheeses, & veggies. It’s easy food just for snacking while we would carry on conversations about music, movies, books, politics, & life. Sometimes you just need a little delicious substance and not necessarily an enormous meal to make an evening extra special, even if in this case it is just for me, myself, and I. We certainly will enjoy it. I’m having yummy fresh bakery French bread that I just warmed in the oven for a few minutes dipped in a blend of olive oil & spices. With it, small slices of a spicy chipotle gouda. And of course some carrots, green beans and celery with ranch, just because I think it fits well with this set of snacking. To wash it all down ‘I’mma sip Moscatoooo!’ because it’s a nice sweet wine to compliment the salty and spicy foods I’ll be nibbling on. So if you need me you can find me stuffing myself with a dinner that can sit out and be enjoyed during all the hours I plan on laughing at Mr. Adam’s writing and crying over Ms. Joplin’s heartache all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment